Monday, September 1, 2014

#31DC2014: Red Nails aka Harley Quinn Nails

Good morning lovely loves! It’s the 1st of September today and here in sunny South Africa that means Spring Day! Sure, the weather might not be depicting that exactly at the moment because we are having a cold front but that should be over by Wednesday...the leaves are greener though and I smell jasmine when I step outside in the mornings so yes! SPRING HAS SPRUNG! So get out your Allergex and antihistamines people! The season of new life and snotty noses is here! Happy Spring Day! 

As some of you might know, this time of the year a bunch of gals in the nail art community takes part in the 31 Day Challenge. For the past 2 years I have watched these ladies in awe and admiration as it can be really well, challenging, but they always nail it! So this year, with some encouragement from Ordinary Misfit, my dumb masochistic butt decided to also take part! So for the next 31 days I will be trying to do a post every day *horror scream* so please wish me luck! For more info and an awesome Q&A, simply pop in at Chalkboard Nails. Also, to see all the different mani's that are posted during this challenge, just use #31DC2014 on all social media platforms. Now, let’s get to it, shall we?




Day 1: Red Nails
For the first prompt of the challenge I decided to do nails that I’ve wanted to do for quite some time now. As most of you will know, I am a little bit of a geek and one of my many geeky loves is anything DC or Marvel related. So when I can get an opportunity to do Harley Quinn from Batman nails, I’m going to jump at it!



SOURCE




I started out by laying down 2 coats of Nubar Competition Red on each nail. When this was completely dry, I sectioned off areas on each nail with sellotape or sticky tape, and filled in the open spaces with WOW Nail Polish #393. To finish it off I made small diamond shapes on my pinky and index finger nails using my thin nail art brush and Nubar Competition Red or WOW Nail Polish #393 (depending on the color underneath).


 




I’ll be honest, at first I wasn’t 100% happy with how this came out but now I like it more and more! I would’ve liked to put a little face, or something more detailed on my accent finger but this came out quite nicely! And man, Nubar Competition Red is just...seeeeexy! Need a double of her in my life!

Lots of mad love...

 

3 comments:

  1. I think this is very sexy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, the red and black look amazing together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool!! I love it. Great great job!

    ReplyDelete