Tuesday, September 2, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 2: Orange Nails aka You don't want to walk on this sunshine!

Hi lovelies! Are you guys ready for some orangey goodness because that is what is on the list for Day 2 of the 31 Day Challenge! LET’S DOOOOOOOO THIS!




Day 2: Orange Nails 

I was a little lost with this prompt but 1 thing I knew for sure was that I definitely wanted to use Tip Top Nail Chic Solar Flare. It is so vibrant and beautiful and I always feel happy when I use it...and then the name hit me. Solar flare...the sun...awesome orange inspiration! And so, this mani was born.


SOURCE




I started out by laying down 2 coats of Tip Top Nail Chic Sun Kissed on all my nails for a base color. When this was dry I layed down a coat of Tip Top Nail Chic Solar Flare on the nails and using a crumpled up piece of saran wrap, I blotched all over each nail individually to create the suns surface. To finish it off, I made flame patterns using WOW Nail Polish #393 and a thin nail art brush on all the nails and just filled them in. 






I might be really loving this mani! Did my sun come out looking like hot rod flames? Pshh, yeah! Am I even mad? Nope, not at all! I did though realize my idea wasn’t so unique as I found this post by Varnished Valkyrie and because I do follow them (no, the plural isn’t a typo) I’m sure that I have seen this before but might’ve forgotten about it so I feel they deserve full props and credit!

Lots of mad love...

 

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! The saran wrap came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MUST REPLICATE THIS SARAN WRAP MANI! SO HOT YUMYUM! LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete