Saturday, September 6, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 6: Violet Nails aka Cat-urday??

Hi lovelies! I don’t think I have ever posted on a Saturday! And what is this thing outside at freaking 9am on a Saturday morning?? The sun?? I always thought that also slept in on weekends...who knew! 




Day 6: Violet Nails

One of the many loves in my life, besides nail polish, is animation and cartoons. From full on Japanese anime to weird awesome shows like Adventure Time, I love it! Hence, I am crazy about Disney movies! Especially the Classic 2D Disney movies. Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, The Rescuers! *sings* R-E-S-C-U-E, Rescue Aid Society! Hmmmm...happy chills! But I digress! One of my favourite Disney movies is Alice in Wonderland. There is a long and really unnecessary reason behind this that I’m not going to jabber on about right now but it was part of my inspiration for today’s mani. To be precise though, Cheshire Cat was my inspiration! Don’t you just love his menacing smile?


SOURCE




I started with 2 coats of OPI Do You Lilac It? on all my nails except for my middle finger nail. When this was dry, I layed down some striping tape horizontally over all those nails and layed down a coat of Sinful Colors Amethyst , making sure I pull off the tape immediately after each fingers coat. With my middle finger I started with a base color of Tip Top Nail Chic Fairy Dust and made Cheshire Cat’s facial features using Tip Top Nail Chic Sun Kissed, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, OPI A Oui Bit Of Red and WOW Nail Polish #393.






Hey, it’s not perfect but it isn’t bad right? The stripes look fine to me but I wish I could’ve done a little better with Cheshire Cat’s face. He looks more like a pig than a cat to me but you got to remember, he has had some tough years behind him! Even Disney characters can age and I just captured it mkaay?? That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! 

Lots of mad love...

1 comment: