Monday, September 8, 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 8: Metallic Nails aka Metallic Marble

Good morning lovelies! So, we are going into the 8th day of the #31DC2014 and I must admit, I’m having more fun than I thought I would. It is quite tiring at times but the pay-off is really worth it. Also, seeing some of the other ladies work is really inspiring. You freaking go girls!



Day 8: Metallic Nails
I wasn’t too excited about this prompt. Not only was I very low on inspiration but I don’t think I own any true metallic nail polish. So I went with what was metallic to me and played around a bit. While I was playing around with my polishes though, I saw that some of my metallics did what a lot of metallics do...streaki-ness galore! And hence, I realized I could use this to my advantage. So this is how my metallic marble was born. 




I layed down a very thick coat of Nubar Erratic Purple on a plastic baggie. I then went in with a small dotting tool and just swirled the polish around in a random motion until I was happy with the “pattern” that it created and left it for about 2 hours to dry properly. When it was dry, I added another thick coat of clear polish over the marble just to give it more of a foundation for when I remove it. When everything had dried properly, I lifted the polish off the baggie with a tweezer and cut it into different sections similar to the size of my nails. Then I layed a very thin layer of clear nail polish over each of my nails and let it sit for about 20 seconds to get tacky and placed my little marble decals over the tacky base. I then just flattened everything down nicely to make sure there were no air bubbles underneath, cleaned up around my nails and layed down another thin coat of fast drying topcoat, making sure I wrap my tips.






This mani came out pretty cool in my opinion! It kind of looks like liquid molten metal, doesn’t it?...Which  then just made me wish that I rather used a silver metallic polish because then it would look like liquid Adamantium! AAAAAAAGH! An unintentional X-men mani! Why didn’t you Thea?? Whyyyyyyyyyy??

Lots of mad love...

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this looks INCREDIBLE! This is such a unique and amazing idea! I must try it! *pins picture for later*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like liquid metal. Quite like it :D

    ReplyDelete