Thursday, July 25, 2013

Subtle Tape Mani

Hi there lovelies!

I'm in one of those horrendous moods today where I want to tear the wings off of butterflies and scream at myself. Granted I'm a bit of a drama queen but you get those right? Of course you do, you're primarily female...if not, SHOUT OUT TO MA BOYZ! So if I don’t seem like my chipper ol' self just remember that ultimate cheesy break up line. It's not you, it's me! But I'm not breaking up with you so just tolerate me for today! I'm like a bad rash. I stick around like a Facebook stalker!

The mani I'm posting today is a simple tape mani. As boring as they might seem, I really like tape manis. They are very versatile! You can do all types of designs and patterns, combine stunning colors and with the right combination can be very “work safe”.

Nail Polishes used:
  • China Glaze First Mate
  • China Glaze Recycle
  • Nubar Dolcetto

Tools Used:
  • Adhesive Tape






I started by laying down 2 coats of China Glaze Recycle and waited for it to dry properly. When this was dry, I layed down a small strip of tape over my nail in a random direction and painted on a coat of Nubar Dolcetto over the open section, removing the tape immediately after the coat was painted on. When I was finished with all the fingers, I waited till they were properly dry again and added another piece of tape over the nail in an random direction, basically just making sure they go in a kind off opposite direction than the previous layer. Then I painted on a coat of China Glaze First Mate over the open section, pulling the tape off immediately again.








Like I said, a very simple mani but I really liked the results! It looks kind of...classy! And even though these colors together reminded me of high school uniforms, I loved them together!


Now, where's some candy? I think a sugar rush is just the type of kick I need to get me out of this slumpy iffiness I'm feeling right now!

If you would like me to swatch any of the colours you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige!

Lots of mad love



4 comments:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of tape mani's. I flippin LOVE this!!! I love the colours together and I love the design. love love love.

    I also think it is super cool for work. Man I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty cool hey! It's not too complex but it always end up looking good!
      But thank you M! :D I'm really happy you like this!

      Delete
  2. I like the colours and the randomness of the design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you V! :D The colors are one of my favorite combo's I've done so far! And randomness is one of the reasons why I love tape manis. Just wing it! Sorted! Lol

      Delete