Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Striping Tape Mani Love!

Hi there lovelies! Am I the only one who is noticing the change in the season? That little bite in the air in the mornings, catching yourself snuggling deeper into your bed covers at night, the sun setting a little bit faster...no, I’m not ready people! Don’t get me wrong, I love winter! The boots, scarfs and playing “look babe, I’m smoking” with Dean in the cold morning air. But dry skin? Chapped lips?? And my cuticles! AAAAAAAAAAAGH! *sobs* I’ve got that summer time, summer time saaaadness!


Yes Dawson, you feel my pain! Source

Anyhoo, let me not get you down with my sombreness. Let’s rather look at pretty nails...

As usual, I kept this mani really simple. This mani originated from a similar mani I done for work with a light purple base but wasn’t going to do a post about it. But after I got tons of compliments on it, I decided to redo it for the blog, just with a different base.




I simply layed down 2 coats of China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le as my base (which my camera hates by the way). When this was dry, I randomly placed some striping tape all over the nail and layed down a coat of OPI Grape...Set...Match over it, pulling the tape off immediately and LE VIOLA! Mani done!






In hindsight, I also should’ve done the original mani with the lighter purple for the blog because it just felt...more right! But this didn’t come out too bad! I also think next time I want to do an effect technique with it, like a gradient base or maybe the top layer should be saran wrapped over! The possibilities are definitely endless! I SHALL EXPLORE ON!

If you would like me to swatch any of the colors you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige! 

Lots of mad love...  


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! :) That OPI is beautiful *adds to wishlist*

    Loren | www.hellominkys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning nails! Grape... Set... Match is beautiful. I need it in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so stunning. I would've loved to see it with the lighter purple background but I love how this looks too.
    I love grape..set...match. Thanks you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lazer lights. Love

    ReplyDelete