Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Twinkle Twinkle Spongey Stars...


Hi lovelies! Heck, it’s been quite a while since I’ve posted but it’s been for good reason. Had some really awesome changes in my life and I thought I’d share my happiness with you! I didn’t really post anything about it on the blog but last year October I lost my job due to retrenchment. At the time it was a really big shock to my system but I thought I would get over it quick and find a job in no time! I didn’t though. I hated feeling so helpless and out of control, and I was slowly busy losing myself! I was constantly fighting with my family and my fiancé about the most tiny silly things, I was low on inspiration and just the idea of writing a blog post exhausted me! That was the worst to me. I was pushing away the things I love the most! Something had to change fast!...And it did! Last Tuesday I went for an interview on very short notice and was quite nervous!  To be honest, I was terrified.  But I’ve been working there since last Wednesday and it’s a great environment with new challenges , new experiences and I feel amazing. I feel like “me” again and man, did I miss me!
  
But let’s be honest, you’re not here for my soppy life experiences! Let’s get on with the nail art shall we?

I got a little star punch after I saw some amazing mani’s done by people like Chalkboard Nails and Manicurator and decided I have to play with it immediately! It’s not a hugely complicated mani but I still loved the results!






I started out by laying down 2 coats of Catrice Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans. I punched in some stars into sticky tape and layed it down on random places over the dry base.  Then I took torn pieces of a make-up sponge and sponged over the open star spaces with Sinful Colors Snow Me White.






Like I said, this is such a simple and easy mani but I love how it came out! I liked it so much that I actually wore it for more than 2days and that does not happen often in my world! Just needed some red in between somewhere and it would’ve put me in a full on “‘America” mood.

If you would like me to swatch any of the colors you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige! 

Lots of mad love...


 

5 comments:

  1. I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy for you!!!

    I LOVE this. Simple yet gorgeous. I hate you a little for being able to get that punch though. I will sell my left....leg to get my hands one a few punches.
    Absolutely stunning bok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! Getting retrenched can be absolutely shocking at the time, but in the end it was also a blessing in disguise :)

    I love this mani - looks great! Would be perfect for a US inspired look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have a heart mini punch - I really need to get some others, they're so much fun. Congratulations on the new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job!! I LOVE this look! I think maybe I need a punch too, it looks so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Thea! Wow wow wow! I love this!

    ReplyDelete