Friday, November 8, 2013

Water Marbling Equals HAPPY TIMES!

Hi there lovelies! It's Friday so everybody must be pretty excited! I know I am because my better half only works half day on a Saterday so I get to spend some extra time with him. Score ME! (Somebody just got some brownie points! *points thumbs at self*)

On a bit more serious note, this weekend is registration weekend for the upcoming South African Presidential Elections in 2014. Basically, if your aren’t registered or you moved towns after the last elections, you can go and register this weekend to be able to vote next year. I know a lot of people have a bit of a “Meh” attitude towards the South African Elections but it is literately the least a person can do to make a change in this country! So go for it! Register and be able to say, I did my part even if it's very small! For more info on where you can register in your area, you can check this LINK.

Now on to some less serious business but damn important if you live in my world! Nails!

I might be ever so slightly obsessed with water marbling again since the #MTVnailChallenge prompted us to do water marble in our last topic. So I played around with some more polish and came up with this skittlette mani.







On my thumb, middle and ring finger I layed down 2 coats of Sinful Colours Snow Me White. A white base really helps the colors that you use in your water marble to stand out. I used China Glaze Flyin' High and China Glaze Spontaneous to make the water marble.






On my pinky and index finger I simply layed down 2 coats of China Glaze Flyin' High and with my large ended dotting tool I just made two dots on the middle of those fingers with China Glaze Spontaneous.







I really liked how this came out! Teals and purples are some of my favorite colors so combining them just took me to my happy place!

I hope you guys have a spectacular funtastical weekend and whatever you do, keep it safe!


If you would like me to swatch any of the colours you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige! 

Lots of mad love...


8 comments:

  1. This is simply BEAUTIFUL! Please post a tutorial, Thea, I'd love to learn how to do this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will try my hand at a watermarble tutorial but for now I can give you a great Youtube tutorial on how to do this! It' s a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it!
      Tutorial by naileditnz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTOtKVu2axk

      Delete
  2. Perfect! LOVE how great these 2 colours work together! Soul mates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunners together hey! Thank you so much Voni! :D

      Delete
  3. Your water marble is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smoke T!! Gorgeous. Love the colours and you are master of water marble. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao nah, I still struggle my ass off with water marble! Bt thank you M! Glad you liked it! :D

      Delete