Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Textured Nail Art

Hi there lovelies! Gosh, It's been over a week since I last posted! Not intentionally though. The PC screen died on me last week but all is sorted now and I can continue on my quest to take over the world! Muhuhahahaha So yeah, basically I post nail art again!

Today's mani is a little creation I came up with after I've seen a few textured nail art manis floating around the blogiverse and I love them! A little honorable mention I have to give is to Painted Fingertips! This lady knows exactly how to take texture nail art to a whole new level! If you ever need any inspiration in this field, definitely go take a look at her blog! Here is my little take on this type of art...






I started out by laying down 2 coats of OPI Atomic Orange. When this was dry, I placed some Sellotape over the base color to form the geometric shapes on my nails and layed down a thick coat of Essence Here's My Number over the open areas, peeling the tape off immediately before I moved on to the next nail.








At first I wasn't insanely happy with how this came out because when I swatched Essence Here's My Number, it dried looking quite a bit more gray than it did over the orange. But it did grow on me and I quite like the pattern that I made with the tape. ...Also, my better half to be said it reminded him of Deadpool and well, that just absolutely made me love it! I will definitely be doing some more textured nail art in the future!

If you would like me to swatch any of the colors you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige! 


Lots of mad love...


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Thea. Love the two colours together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynn! Grey's and orange's is one of my favorite color schemes together!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love love love love this. I am totally inspired now. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwe thank you M! I love it when I can leave someone inspired! xx

      Delete
  3. beautiful! love the base colour :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The base colour is stunning...a pain to photograph though! Lol

      Delete
  4. WoooOOoo very pretty!!! :D
    We are blog break sisters! Glad that you are back :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Hahaha I've always wanted a twin! Break-twins FTW!

      Delete
  5. I love it! The shapes are what make this mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Voni! :D I actually had completely different shapes setup in my mind, but the first nail worked out like this so I went for it! Lol

      Delete
  6. Aww thanks so much for my honourable mention! And your nails look AMAZING! I love these colours together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweety! Credit where credit is due! I love your texture mani's! :D

      Delete