Friday, November 22, 2013

Movember...Like a Sir

Hi lovelies! *sings* It's Friiiiiiday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friiiiiday! ...Is that song stuck in your head now?? You're welcome! *dodges pans* Anyhoo, before anyone decides to do permanent damage to me go have a look at my Instagram page! “Your Instagram page, Thea?” Yes, my Instagram page! Okay, you wont see anything interesting there yet but I was just looking for a way to tell you guys that I am also on Instagram now! Whooooo! So yeah, follow me. It might just get interesting...somewhere along the line!

On to nail art though...

As most you probably know, November has been dubbed “Movember” or “No-Shave November” over the past few years to raise awareness for prostate and testicular cancer. I think it's a great movement and the participation from most guys is actually amazing and really awe-inspiring! Sure, I might've half fainted when my fiance said “Maybe I should go for the handlebars look this year” but luckily he changed his mind and is just sporting a regular Mo and a bit of chin foliage. I decided though that I also wanted to join in the fun so for the last week of November I am going to post a few Mo-manis of my own. I will put up some more information regarding this cause as we go along over the next week. So join me as today we celebrate Movember...Like a sir!






I started out by laying down 2 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White on all my nails. On my middle finger I made a “Like A Sir” rage-character using WOW Nail Polish #393 and the decal method. On my ring finger I then made a face silhouette: I made the monocle using a large and extra-large dotting tool. For the moustache I used a thin nail art brush and WOW Nail Polish #393.




To finish off the mani, I added 1 coat of China Glaze Glitz 'n Pieces over the white on my pinky, index finger and thumb.

Simple as that!




I have a huge love for meme's and rage-characters so I was really chuffed with how this mani turned out. China Glaze Glitz 'n Pieces also just goes so nicely with this theme and I am absolutely in love with this simple black and silver glitter bomb!

I really hope you enjoyed this mani and will join me over the next 3 posts as I celebrate and try help create awareness for this cause!

If you would like me to swatch any of the colors you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige! 

Lots of mad love...


8 comments:

  1. Love love love!! Blown away by your middle finger. wow!!! You have mad skills!....like a sir!

    glitz & pieces is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha thank you M! You make me blush! :P
      Glitz & Pieces is the shizz! Sorry, that's the only way I can describe it! Lol

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I'm doing mine next week as Alex's dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer two years ago so this is a cause close to our hearts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Lynn. I'm fortunate enough to say I haven't had anyone close to me be affected by this but still, it touches us all in some way! Can't wait to see your mani!

      Delete
  3. gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete