Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Jack-O-Lantern Water Marble

Hi lovelies. Happy Tuesday! It feels so fresh and clean here in Pretoria because we had some lovely rain last night. Going to enjoy it while it lasts and before my skin goes “Hey! Lookie! Dust! And hey! Lookie again! A hive! Or five!”. Fun times people! Fun times!

Little bit of side news. I did a guest post and a Q&A for the lovely Heather from Femme Lifestyle a few weeks ago. My first ever tutorial people! Scary stuff! But maybe worth a look? Feel free to go check it out:

Today's mani was inspired by the current festivities in the air and the fact that every time I try a water marble mani, I have to try it again. I love the technique! It's a pain in the butt to do but the results are worth it!

Nail Polishes used:
  • Tip Top Nail Chic Solar Flare
  • WOW Nail Polish #393

Tools Used:
  • Thin nail art brush
 




For my base I layed down 1 coat of Tip Top Nail Chic Solar Flare. I used WOW Nail Polish #393 and  Tip Top Nail Chic Solar Flare to make the water marble on all my nails except for my middle finger. On that I added another coat of  Tip Top Nail Chic Solar Flare and with the thin nail art brush and WOW Nail Polish #393 made my Jack-O-Lantern face.








In general, I really like how this came out...except for the stained cuticles. Orange and acetone are not friends people! They will team up and turn against you. Luckily it didn't bother me too much and I always enjoy playing around with the marbling! Worth the stains! 

If you would like me to swatch any of the colours you saw in today’s post, please let me know via email or drop me a comment below. More than willing to oblige!

Lots of mad love...
 
 


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Thea. I'm too scared to use orange polish but this looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! Orange scares me too but I've come to love Solar Flare. Such a vivid orange! Almost feels alive!

      Delete
  2. Your water marble looks amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! How pretty. I am still a water marble fail so this makes me very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Just keep going at it! It is strangely rewarding once you get the hang of it...now I just got to learn how to do that whole "spray alcohol on top" method...I fail at that!
      Thank you though! :D

      Delete
  4. Holy smoke T. Love this. It's absolutely perfect. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you M! If I can make at least 1 person swoon, I am happy! :D

      Delete
  5. Ag f#k vroumens! Die is net perfek!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know you like something when you hit over to Afrikaans V! Thank you! :D

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Really glad you liked them! :D

      Delete